Tameside Mens Crown Green Bowling League News

News articles are written by the league officials and occasionally by the web developer. We attempt to keep everyone informed of recent events and where possible we will include photos to enhance the news articles.

Viewers can request to have something posting here by submitting your article via email attaching any photos you wish to include. The best way is to send an email in HTML format.


News Page(s) 1,2,3,4

Tameside Delegates meeting

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 12 November 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes – 4th  November 2018


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


Roll Call – 17 Present – 6 Absent – 1 Apology.


Minutes of the meeting 30thSeptember 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       The Secretary informed the delegates that with immediate effect the Grapes Hotel Bowling Club will be withdrawing their Tameside Division 2 team from the league.  The Secretary has responded to the Grapes Team and wished them all the very best for the future.


-       Jack Turner will be retiring as the County Registrar in the near future and Cathy Wilson (current Treasurer) will be replacing him.  All clubs should note that any new BCGBA membership cards should be sent to Cathy, however these will not be processed until she takes up her new position at the end of January 2019.


Match Secretary’s Report


-       Nothing to Report


 Greater Manchester Report


-       GM AGM will take place on Thursday 8th November 2018.


Treasurer’s Report


-       2 Clubs still left to pay the 2nd Account.


-       £2096.11 In bank


-       £ 307.23 Cash in Hand


-       £54.50 Cheque


Total £2457.84


Rule Change Proposals For Discussion


-       Future Cup Draws to be undertaken by the Committee and notified to league delegates as soon as possible after taking place.


-       Proposed Committee Meeting Dates – Cancel meetings in June and August as well as December, January and February.


-       Consider the Tameside League running in 2019 without Handbooks – All information provided to delegates via handouts and available online.


-       Merit Winners will be decided primarily on points scored then in the event of a tie, the player with the highest average will be deemed the winner.


AOB


No Matter Raised


Meeting Closed: 11.30


Date of next meeting: Sun 3rd March 2019.


Presentation Evening

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Friday 26 October 2018

The Tameside presentation evening will be held at Stanley Square Conservative Club on Friday 23rd November.


Tameside Delegates meeting

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 24 September 2018

Just a reminder that there is a meeting this Sunday (30th September) at 11am. Any rule revision proposals neeed to be brought to the meeting.


Merit

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Sunday 16 September 2018

The Tameside Merit is this morning. 11am strike out on AEU


Keith Robins Pairs

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 10 September 2018

Thanks to everyone that supported the Keith Robins Pairs yesterday. I think everyone had a great day and we raised about £400 towards the defibrillator.
Congratulations to the winners Ben Gloag and Jack Hargreaves. Also well played to the runners up Ian Cranston and Pete Thomas.


Minutes from the Tameside bowls AGM on Sunday 2nd September 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 10 September 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes – 2ndSep 2018


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


Roll Call – 22 Present – 1 Absent – 1 Apology.


Minutes of the meeting 1stJuly 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       Any rule changes to be reported to the Secretary in writing for discussion at the November meeting.


-       There was some discussion on the value of handbooks and whether clubs really need these now, considering there cost.


Match Secretary’s Report


-       The Keith Robins pairs will be played at Hyde club on 9Th September 2018 commencing at 10.30am. Entrance fee will be £5 per pair. It will be an open competition to all players.


-       The merit will be played on AEU on 16th September.


 Greater Manchester Report


-       Nothing to report.


Treasurer’s Report


-    2nd Account statements issued to all delegates present.  This account should be paid at the     next meeting.


-       £1064.51 In bank


-       £ 32.63 Cash in Hand


-       Total £1066.14


Meeting Closed: 11.15


Date of next meeting: Sun 30th September 2018.


Keith Robins Pairs

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Sunday 09 September 2018

Don't forget the Keith Robins Pairs today starts at 10.30am at The Hyde Club. Entries will be taken on the day. 


Tameside cup semi finals & final

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Thursday 23 August 2018

The cup semi finals and final will take place on Sunday 2nd September on Stalybridge Rec. 


Teams through to the semi final are:-


Ashton CC 


Dukinfield Central A


Hollinwood CC


Waterloo & Taunton.


Teams should be at the green for 10.45 for an 11 o'clock start.


August start time

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Thursday 02 August 2018

Reminder that now we are in August the start time for greens without floodlights is 6.30pm.


Keith Robins Open Pairs

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Tuesday 03 July 2018

The inaugural Keith Robins Open Pairs competition will be held at the Hyde Club on 9th September 2018. Start time 10.30am, entry fee £5 per pair.


Minutes from the Tameside bowls meeting on Sunday 1st July 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 02 July 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes – 1stJuly 2018


 


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


 


Roll Call – 20 Present – 4 Absent – 2 Apologies.


Minutes of the meeting 3rd June 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       No secretary’s report. Apologies for his absence made.


Match Secretary’s Report


-       The MS completed the quarter final cup draw this has to be played before 1st August 2018.  The draw and handicaps will be posted on the web site.


-       The Keith Robins pairs will be played on Hyde club on 9Th September 2018 at 10.30am. Entrance fee will be £5 per pair. It will be an open competition to any players.


-       The merit will be played on AEU on 16th September.


-     There was some discussion about the cup draws. It was suggested that the draw could be made and played through without redrawing each round to keep administration down. To be voted on at AGM.


 Greater Manchester Report


-       Nothing to report.


Treasurer’s Report;


-       £1064.51 In bank


-       £ 1.63 Cash in Hand


-       Total £1066.14


Meeting Closed: 11.15


Date of next meeting: Sun 2nd September  2018.


Infirmary Open

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 18 June 2018

Congratulations to Andy Murray who beat Gary Hoof in the final of the Infirmary Open. Losing semi finalists were Dave Moran and Dale Kenyon.


Thanks to Hyde park for running the competition and for their hospitality.


Minutes from the Tameside bowls meeting on Sunday 3rd June 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Wednesday 06 June 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes –  3rdJune 2018


 


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


Roll Call – 20 Present – 2 Absent – 2 Apologies.


Minutes of the meeting 6th May 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       The Secretary reminded all delegates that the Infirmary Open will be held at Hyde Park on the 17th June 2018.  This will commence at 10.30am and is open to anybody.  Cost of entering £3


Match Secretary’s Report


-       The MS completed the 2nd round cup draw this has to be played before 1st July 2018.  The draw and handicaps will be posted on the web site.


-       Some discussion to place over the future Keith Robins Pairs when and where it would take place.  This will be discussed further at the July meeting.


 


 Greater Manchester Report


-       Greater Manchester have approached James North’s to use their green for a county match on 1st July 2018.


Treasurer’s Report;


-       £1064.51 In bank


-       £ 1.63 Cash in Hand


-       Total £1066.14


Meeting Closed: 11.15


Date of next meeting: Sun 1st July 2018.


Tameside Challenge Cup Draw 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Wednesday 06 June 2018

Oldham Rugby 12 v Grapes 52


Diggle Dogs -2 v Stalybridge Rec A 10


Waterloo & Taunton -6 v Ashton Bowling Club 42


George & Dragon -8 v Ashton CC 4


Hyde Park 10 v Saddleworth CC 40


Denton Park 26 v Dukinfield Central A -


AEU -14 v Haughton Green 54


Springhead -12 v Hollinwood CC 22


 


Ties to be competed by 01/07/18.


Minutes from the Tameside bowls meeting on Sunday 6th May 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Tuesday 08 May 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes –  6th May 2018


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


Roll Call – 19 Present – 2 Absent – 3 Apologies.


Minutes of the meeting 1st April 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       The Secretary informed all delegates that the public liability insurance provided by Endsleigh via the BCGBA was due for renewal by the end of April 2018 and any clubs that had not yet applied should do so via the BCGBA web site. In order to do this they had to input their unique GMT no.


-       Delegates were reminded that the Hyde Park infirmary open will be held on the17th June.


-       The Secretary informed the meeting that TMBL minutes would be placed upon the web site league notice board approximately 2 to 3 days after any committee meeting so that delegates could report back to their respective clubs.


Match Secretary’s Report


-       The MS informed delegates that before updating the league web site with results, it was necessary for him to have seen the respective result sheet signed by both captains.


-       Delegates were informed that there was an open week this week so that cup matches could be played.  The draw showing who needs to play who is contained on the web site.


Greater Manchester Report


-       Nothing to report


Treasurer’s Report;


-       £1370.50, in the account although the county bill of £800 has to be deducted from this.


-       TMBL have paid for their insurance.


-       And also paid the invoice for the printing of the handbooks.


AOB


Some discussion took place over the date the TMBL should commence and whether this should be delayed until the end of April each year rather than the beginning.  The MS will look into this as and when the leagues are promulgated for 2019.


Meeting Closed: 11.35


Date of next meeting: Sun 3rd June 2018


Insurance Policy - email from Endsleigh to all clubs

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Tuesday 17 April 2018




Please ignore this email if you have already renewed for the 2018/2019 period.

 Good Morning,

 Your insurance policies for the 2017/2018 period are due to expire on the 30th of April 2018.

 We would like to remind those that are yet to renew, that you can renew your polices online now using the link below:


 Alternatively, to renew by post, you can download the paper application form here:


 Kind Regards,

 

 Endsleigh Insurance (Brokers) Ltd

 




Player registrations

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Sunday 15 April 2018

There appears to be teams playing unregistered players. As per rule 9, I must receive any players registration before he can play in any league or cup game. If you are unsure, the players listed on the website are the players I have registrations for. Teams playing unregistered players will have those players recorded as absent.


Stalybridge Rec B

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Tuesday 10 April 2018

Unfortunately Stalybridge Rec B team have had to withdraw from the league due to a lack of players. All their fixtures will now become open dates, and Oldham Rugby will receive a bye into the next round of the cup.


Match cards and results

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 09 April 2018

Reminder to all teams that I need sight of a match card signed by both captains before I can update the results on the website. These can be posted,  emailed to robrbirchall@btinternet.com, pictures messaged to me by phone on 07708524466, what’s app, or posted in the "Tameside bowlers" group on facebook. If you think you have sent this and i’ve not updated the website for your result within 4 days please get in touch and let me know how you have sent it. 


 Thanks


Information re safeguarding and DBS checks

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Wednesday 04 April 2018

GREATER MANCHESTER COUNTY CROWN GREEN BOWLING ASSOCIATION


 


Safeguarding Officer and DBS checks
(Safeguarding is about all members of the club not just junior members)


 


 1.    The BCGBA at their Rules Revision meeting on Saturday 20th January 2018 passed a resolution (Bye-Law 5(g)) that EVERY club must appoint a Safeguarding Officer who has had a DBS check by March 1st, 2019.


Some people are under the impression that as the Safeguarding Officer role is voluntary, and for a leisure activity, a DBS Certificate is not necessary this is not correct.
BCGBA as the governing body of Crown Green Bowls have decided that a check is necessary therefore, the checks must be carried out.


2.    It is recommended that the Safeguarding Officer undergoes a training session to familarise themselves with the roles of the position. The Safeguarding Officer needs to contact Martin Goddard for further information on the training session. There is a small cost for the session (£10 this is discounted at this time) and this should be paid by the club not the person themselves. If the person is the Safeguarding Officer for several clubs at which they are a member, then those clubs could share the cost.
(The roles are not onerous, and many will never have to take any action, other than updating their DBS check every three years).


3.    A person who has a DBS Certificate for another role e.g. teacher, nurse, child-minder, policeman, cannot use this certificate to cover the role of Safeguarding Officer for their club, unless they have paid for the upgrade service with DBS.
If they have paid for the upgrade service then either of the people listed below will need to be contacted to enable them to carry out certain checks.


4.    All clubs Primary Affiliated to Greater Manchester, should have received a form which should be completed and returned to either person listed below. During the next twelve months all these proposed Safeguarding Officers will be contacted to carry out the necessary identity checks prior to the formal DBS form being submitted to the DBS. (If you have not received a form then please contact Martin or David as below)


5.    The forms will contain sensitive information and as such will be kept in a safe until the identity check is complete, when they can be returned to the person concerned, or shredded as they wish.The information on the form is not used for any other purpose than processing the DBS check.


 


County Safeguarding Officer


Martin Goddard
info@goddardandcompany.co.uk
07711 426 003


 County Counter Signatory


David Williams
dw21mbl@virginmedia.com
07899 688 182


Minutes from the Tameside bowls meeting Sunday 1st April 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Wednesday 04 April 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


 Minutes –  4th March 2018


 Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


 Roll Call – 23 Present – 1 Absent – 0 Apologies.


 Minutes of the meeting 4trh March 2018 read and approved.


 Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


 Secretary’s Report.


 - The Secretary informed all delegates of the communication received from Mike Holden reference club ‘Safeguarding Officer’.  All delegates present were given a copy of this communication and it will also be placed on the Tameside Bowling League web site


 - Delegates were informed that they must use the correct unique club registration number when using the Endsleigh web site portal i.e. GTM00000CL


 Match Secretary’s Report


 -       The MS issued the league scorecards to all those present.  He also advised delegates that there was a link on the web site to down load extra copies if required.


 -       New player registrations will be required before league commences on the 5/4/2018.


 Greater Manchester Report


 -       Safeguarding issues covered by the club sec


 Treasurer’s Report;


 -       4 cheques had still not been cashed from the presentation evening held in November 2017 and the cheque issued to the British Heart foundation has not yet been cashed leaving £826.01 in the bank and just over £3 cash in hand.


 -       Invoices were issued to all clubs


 -       BCGBA handbooks were issued to all affiliated clubs


AOB


 Dave Moran informed the meeting that the infirmary open will be played on the 17th June and the Vets Pairs will take place on 22nd July 2018.


 The Keith Robins Memorial Competition will be a pairs competition open to Tameside registered players only. Date yet to be decided.


 Rule 22 reference a tie in the merit and how the winner will be decided was discussed.  This will be brought up at the November meeting with a possible rule change being voted on at the 2019 AGM.


 Meeting Closed: 11.35


Date of next meeting: Sun 6th May 2018.


New Tameside Match Card

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Thursday 29 March 2018

Click on the link for a printable version of the new Tameside match card

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvxSqmqdVyyedHa0XtoDMOkHwY8


IMPORTANT MESSAGE RE TAMESIDE CHALLENGE CUP

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Tuesday 06 March 2018

Please be aware that the handicaps for the Tameside Challenge Cup in the handbook are incorrect. The correct handicaps are as follows:-


Dukinfield Central A - Scr


Hadfield - 2


Ashton Cricket - 4


AEU - 6


Springhead - 8


Stalybridge Rec A - 10


George & Dragon - 12


Waterloo & Taunton - 14


Delamere TA - 16


Diggle Dogs - 18


Stalybridge Rec C - 20


Hollinwood Cricket - 22


Friezland - 24


Bush - 26


Dukinfield Central B - 28


Hyde Park - 30


Oldham Rugby - 32


Stalybridge Rec C - 34


James North - 36


Fitzroy - 38


Saddleworth CC - 40


Ashton Bowling - 42


Hyde Club - 44


Denton Park - 46


Droylsden Park - 48


Dukinfield Central C - 50


Grapes - 52


Haughton Green - 54


 


Tameside Challenge Cup Draw 2018 - Prelim

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 05 March 2018

Draw for the Tameside Challenge Cup. Ties to be played by 26th May 2018. (Note that there is a free week in the fixtures 10th/11th May)


PLEASE NOTE THAT THE HANDICAPS AS STATED IN THE HANDBOOK ARE INCORRECT. HANDICAPS ARE AS BELOW.


Handicaps are shown in brackets, calculated after deducting 20 points from the home teams.


 AEU (-14) v Bush (26)


Diggle Dogs (-2) v Stalybridge Rec C (34)


Waterloo & Taunton (-6) v Friezland (24)


Dukinfield Central A (-20) v Droylsden Park (48)


Hyde Club (24) v Hollinwood CC (22)


Dukinfield Central C (30) v Hyde Park (30)


Fitzroy (18) v Springhead Libs (8)


Stalybridge Rec A (-10) v Delamere TA (16)


Stalybridge Rec B (Scr) v Oldham Rugby (32)


George & Dragon (-8) v Hadfield (2)


James Norths (16) v Ashton Cricket (4)


Saddleworth CC (20) v Dukinfield Central B (28)


BYES:-


Ashton Bowling 


Denton Park


Grapes


Haughton Green


 


Minutes from the Tameside bowls meeting on Sunday 4th March 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 05 March 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


 


 Minutes –  4th March 2018


 Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00, and asked the delegates to give a round of applause in dedication to our recently lost friend and colleague Keith Robins.


 The Vice president informed delegates that as a consequence of Keith’s sudden death an Executive meeting had been called and that Rob Birchall had been appointed the new Match Secretary.


 Roll Call – 20 Present – 2 Absent – 2 Apologies.


 Minutes of the meeting 3rd November 2017 read and approved.


 Matters Arising


 No Matters Arising


 Secretary’s Report.


- GM Rep – Steve Radcliffe volunteered to take Keith’s place as the GM Rep


- The Secretary informed all delegates of the communication received from Mike Holden reference club ‘Safeguarding Officer’.  All delegates present were given a copy of this communication


- Delegates were reminded of the important aspects covered in this years AGM



  • Registrations – No cut off date for registrations but player MUST be registered before they play, CR1 and CR2 forms can be used to send registrations on as they already have BCGA numbers on



  • Those clubs that affiliate through Tameside to GM, should have received either a CR1/CR2 form.  If any player on your list no longer plays for your club please do not cross their name out.  The last column in the row( reason for not bowling) should be endorsed  with either:-

  • L = left club.

  • D = deceased or

  • S = stopped bowling



  • Any new bowlers should be added to the bottom of the list and sent to GM.



  • Club bowlers who are on the CR forms who don’t bowl in the Tameside League should be crossed off the copy sent to the league Match Sec.


- The August 2018 meeting will not take place unless the Executive Committee have important information to pass to the delegates.


- Those present were informed that ‘Hadfield B’ had now withdrawn from TMBL leaving 8 teams in Div 2.


 Match Secretary’s Report


- The MS stated that he was happy to receive match results in any format i.e. direct entry on web site, digital photo, copy, email, letter, hand delivered at monthly meetings etc.  One stipulation however was that result sheets must be signed by both captains.


- Handicaps, due to poor attendance the Executive Committee has decided that the only handicaps that will be held in 2018 are, the Infirmary Open, Veterans, Merit.  In addition to these there will be a new handicap know as, ‘The Keith Robin’s Memorial Trophy.  Delegates were asked to discuss with their respective clubs whether this latter trophy should be an individual or pairs competition.


- The draw was made for the cup and fixtures will be promulgated on the Tameside Web page.  There is an open date in the league fixtures when these games can be played (10 & 11 May).


Greater Manchester Report


-       Nothing to report at this time


Treasurer’s Report;


- The Treasurer informed delegates that the Executive Committee had agreed that the league donate a cheque of a £100 to the British Heart Foundation in respect of Keith’s passing.


- As Keith was a cheque signatory this has now had to be changed.  The new signatories are now the league Sec and treasurer.


- 4 cheques had still not been cashed from the presentation evening held in November 2017.  Two of these related to Ashton Cricket £45. David Walker £25 and John Blezzard £20.


- League bills will be issued at the April meeting and need to be paid by the May meeting.


Hand Books


The League handbooks were distributed to all those clubs present.


AOB


Meeting Closed: 11.35


Date of next meeting