Tameside Mens Crown Green Bowling League News

News articles are written by the league officials and occasionally by the web developer. We attempt to keep everyone informed of recent events and where possible we will include photos to enhance the news articles.

Viewers can request to have something posting here by submitting your article via email attaching any photos you wish to include. The best way is to send an email in HTML format.


News Page(s) 1,2,3,4

Tameside cup first round draw

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Wednesday 13 March 2019

Tameside first round cup draw:-

Springhead v Duky B

Denton Park v Hollinwood cricket

Duky C v Hadfield 

Staly Rec A v AEU

Duky A V Ashton Cricket 

Friezland v Fitzroy

Waterloo v Droylesden

Dragon v Bush 

Rev C v Delamere

Hyde Park v Haughton Green 

Byes :

Diggle 

Saddleworth 

Oldham rugby

Ashton bowling

Norths

Hyde club 

 

Blank week in fixtures for this to be played Thurs 9 May/Fri 10th May.ķ


TMBL Minutes 3.3.2019

by Barry Jones - Tameside League Secretary - Thursday 07 March 2019

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


 


 


 


Minutes – 3rdMarch 2019


 


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


 


Roll Call – 20 Present – 4 Absent – 0 Apology.


 


Minutes of the meeting 4thNovember 2018 read and approved.


 


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


 


Secretary’s Report.


 


-      Secretary updated the delegates on the BCGBA Rules Revision Meeting.



  • Club affiliation fees have gone up for each club by £5

  • Annual player fee of £1 was rejected

  • Registration fee for new players increased from £10 to £12

  • Fines for not having a safeguarding officer start at £25 and rise each quarter by £25 to a maximum of £100.  All clubs to notify the Secretary of their respective Safeguarding officers.

  • Open toed footwear will no longer be allowed to be worn on bowling greens during matches.


 


Match Secretary’s Report


 


-      The Match Secretary handed out Division 1 fixture list for 2019.  Delegates were also provided with Challenge Cup Handicaps and Rules, Match Rules and TMBL Bylaws.


-      The Match Sec asked delegates whether any clubs would like to put there greens forward to host the Semi Final and Final of the Challenge Cup.  Delegates where asked to respond at the meeting to be held in April.


-      All clubs should provide the Match Sec with a list of players (including BCGBA No’s) in respect of those playing in the Tameside League 2019.   


 


 


 Greater Manchester Report


 


-       The GM Rep handed out NR1 forms for 3 of the clubs present.


-       He informed all delegates that the next GM meeting will be held in March 2019.


-       Tameside Sec is to contact Mike Holden to establish how the other delegates will get their NR1/2 forms.


 


Treasurer’s Report


 


-       £757.41 In bank


-       £ 294 Cash in Hand


 


Challenge Cup Draw


 


 The committee undertook the draw for the first round of the cup


 


 


 


AOB


 


The matter of out dated and wrong contact details for club representatives being published in the BCGBA handbook was raised.  The Secretary will raise this with Mike Holden. 


 


Meeting Closed: 11.30


 


Date of next meeting: Sun 7th April 2019.


Delegates meeting

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Wednesday 27 February 2019

March meeting is this Sunday (3rd) at Hyde Club 11am.


Fixtures and cup

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Friday 01 February 2019

The league fixtures are now available.


The weeks of May 10th and June 7th have been left clear for the first and second rounds of the cup.


TMBL AGM 13th Jan 2019

by Barry Jones - Tameside League Secretary - Wednesday 30 January 2019

Tameside Men’s Crown Green Bowling League


 


Annual General Meeting Sunday 13thJanuary 2019


 


Minutes – 13thJanuary 2019


 


Deputy President Dave Birchall opened the meeting at 11.00 and requested those present to stand for 1 minutes silence in memory of those bowlers who were no longer with us. 


Roll Call – 20 Present – 6 Absent – 0 No apologies.


 Minutes of AGM - 14th January 2018 read and approved – No matters arising.


 Deputy President’s Report


 Dave Birchall reminded the delegates in the difficulty in retaining teams in the TMBL.  In 2004 There were 52 teams now in 2019 there are 26.  He asked delegates for their suggestions in retaining teams.


 Secretary’s Report


 The Secretary reminded the delegates of the difficulties the League faced in early 2018 due to the sudden death of Keith Robins and how Rob Birchall had taken on Keith’s reference and done an excellent job.


The Secretary also commented on proposals put forward for the BCGBA Rules Revision meeting which is to be held on the 19/1/19 and the comments that he had put forward to Mike Holden on behalf of the League.


 Treasurer’s Report;


 The treasurer went through the balance sheet item by item and gave a comprehensive explanation of the difference between the balance sheets of 2017 and 2018.  The Treasurer reported that all in all, finances for 2018 were approximately £500 down on the previous year.  The Treasurer put this down to the number of teams that had left the league.


 Discussion then followed on the fact that players match fees had not increased for a number of years and that any shortfall could be made up by increasing these fees from £1 to £2 per player per match.


 No questions were raised in respect of the accounts.


 Audit Report


 Peter Hollins reported that the accounts were clear and concise, very easy to check and everything was found to be accurate and correct.


 Match Secretary’s Report.


 



  • League will run with 9 teams in the Prem, 9 in Div 1 and 8 in Div 2.

  • Waterloo and the George and Dragon to be relegated from Prem, Diggle Dogs to go up from the 1stDiv to the Prem,  Ashton Bowling Club and Stalybridge B will be relegated from Div 1 to Div 2. James Norths and Fitzroy will be promoted from Div 2 to Div 1.

  • Proposed that fixtures will commence from the 12thApril 2019. With a number of weeks left open for the 1stcouple of rounds for the cup.


 The 22nd of November 2019 was decided to be the next Presentation evening date at Stanley Square Conservative Club, Stalybridge.


 Greater Manchester Report 


 See Secretary’s report above, next GM Meeting will be in March 2019.


 Those clubs that affiliate through Tameside to GM, should have received either a CR1/CR2 form.  If any player on your list no longer plays for your club please do not cross their name out.  The last column in the row( reason for not bowling) should be endorsed with either:-


L = left club.


D = deceased or


S = stopped bowling


 Any new bowlers should be added to the bottom of the list and sent to GM.


 Any clubs that have members who have had a Disclosing and Barring Service Check (DBS) should notify GM on the relevant form, this can be completed by either sending the forms to the Match Sec or alternatively sending them directly to the nominated person at GM.  BCGBA now propose that from November 2018, ALL clubs should have a DBS checked person.


 CR1/CR2 should be sent back to David Williams, copies of the CR1/CR2 can act as Tameside League registration form by sending them to the Tameside Match Sec. It is also advised that DOBs are also recorded on the CR1/CR2 forms.


 Election of Officers


 President – Dave Birchall


Deputy President – Dave Roberts 


Secretary – Barry Jones


Match Secretary – Rob Brichall


Treasurer – Dave Birchall


Executive Committee – John Redfern, Alan Campbell, Dave Moran


Auditors - Peter Hollins & Bill White


 


Rules Revision Proposals


 


-       Future Cup Draws to be undertaken by the Committee and notified to league delegates as soon as possible after taking place. Carried


 


-       Proposed Committee Meeting Dates – Cancel meetings in June as well as August, December, January and February. Carried


 


 


-       Consider the Tameside League running in 2019 without Handbooks – All information provided to delegates via handouts and available online. Carried


 


-       Merit Winners will be decided primarily on points scored then in the event of a tie, the player with the highest average will be deemed the winner. Carried


 


-       TMBL players fees be increased from £1 per match to £2.  Carried


 


 


League Formation


 


See Match Secretary’s report above


 


 


 


Meeting Closed 11.35 hrs


 


Next AGM Sunday 12thJanuary 2020


 


Tameside AGM

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Thursday 10 January 2019

The AGM will take place this Sunday at Hyde club 11am.


DBS forms

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Thursday 22 November 2018

DBS forms can be downloaded from www.gmbowls.org.uk 

On the home page you will see a blue triangle at the top right move your cursor over that & a drop down appears click on downloads then choose safeguarding form . Download the form to your pc then when completed contact Martin Goddard or David Williams to arrange a meeting to sign the forms & check your details.


Further proposed rule changes

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 19 November 2018






Also at the BCGBA rules meeting in January the following is to be proposed.

1) That a £1 registration fee per player per club will be introduced annually to start after the AGM (there was no mention if this included juniors)

This means that a player will pay £1 per club so if he or she is a member of 5 clubs you will pay £5.

2) That the club affiliation fee to BCGBA will increase from £25 in 2018 to £30 in 2019 & £35 in 2020

3) BCGBA membership card to increase from £10 to £12 & replacement cards from £3 to £4

 

There are other proposals that I will send out when I have then but these are to main ones that effect our bowlers so can you discuss these with your members & let me have your vote for each of these proposals before 5th January so I will have time to call any meeting needed before the rules meeting on 19th January.











 






Urgent notice from GM meeting re safeguarding officer.

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Sunday 18 November 2018

URGENT NOTICE & REMINDER TO ALL BOWLING CLUBS 

At the BCGBA Management Meeting yesterday  I can now inform you  that you must comply with their BYE LAW 5g handbook page 42 which states as follows-

EVERY CLUB MUST HAVE A NAMED SAFEGUARDING OFFICER WHO HOLDS A CURRENT DBS. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN AN APPROPRIATE PENALTY

THIS BYE LAW WILL TAKE EFFECT on 1ST MARCH 2019

I can confirm that the penalty will be a fine of £25 on 1st March to be increased to £50 after a further 3 months, then increased to £75 after a further 3 months rising to £100 after 1 year plus your club would be suspended from playing!

Obviously we do not wish anyone to be fined or suspended so its is imperative that appropriate action be taken now.

 

For further information please contact Martin Goddard 07711426003 or David Williams  07899688182


Tameside Delegates meeting

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 12 November 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes – 4th  November 2018


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


Roll Call – 17 Present – 6 Absent – 1 Apology.


Minutes of the meeting 30thSeptember 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       The Secretary informed the delegates that with immediate effect the Grapes Hotel Bowling Club will be withdrawing their Tameside Division 2 team from the league.  The Secretary has responded to the Grapes Team and wished them all the very best for the future.


-       Jack Turner will be retiring as the County Registrar in the near future and Cathy Wilson (current Treasurer) will be replacing him.  All clubs should note that any new BCGBA membership cards should be sent to Cathy, however these will not be processed until she takes up her new position at the end of January 2019.


Match Secretary’s Report


-       Nothing to Report


 Greater Manchester Report


-       GM AGM will take place on Thursday 8th November 2018.


Treasurer’s Report


-       2 Clubs still left to pay the 2nd Account.


-       £2096.11 In bank


-       £ 307.23 Cash in Hand


-       £54.50 Cheque


Total £2457.84


Rule Change Proposals For Discussion


-       Future Cup Draws to be undertaken by the Committee and notified to league delegates as soon as possible after taking place.


-       Proposed Committee Meeting Dates – Cancel meetings in June and August as well as December, January and February.


-       Consider the Tameside League running in 2019 without Handbooks – All information provided to delegates via handouts and available online.


-       Merit Winners will be decided primarily on points scored then in the event of a tie, the player with the highest average will be deemed the winner.


AOB


No Matter Raised


Meeting Closed: 11.30


Date of next meeting: Sun 3rd March 2019.


Presentation Evening

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Friday 26 October 2018

The Tameside presentation evening will be held at Stanley Square Conservative Club on Friday 23rd November.


Tameside Delegates meeting

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 24 September 2018

Just a reminder that there is a meeting this Sunday (30th September) at 11am. Any rule revision proposals neeed to be brought to the meeting.


Merit

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Sunday 16 September 2018

The Tameside Merit is this morning. 11am strike out on AEU


Keith Robins Pairs

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 10 September 2018

Thanks to everyone that supported the Keith Robins Pairs yesterday. I think everyone had a great day and we raised about £400 towards the defibrillator.
Congratulations to the winners Ben Gloag and Jack Hargreaves. Also well played to the runners up Ian Cranston and Pete Thomas.


Minutes from the Tameside bowls AGM on Sunday 2nd September 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 10 September 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes – 2ndSep 2018


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


Roll Call – 22 Present – 1 Absent – 1 Apology.


Minutes of the meeting 1stJuly 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       Any rule changes to be reported to the Secretary in writing for discussion at the November meeting.


-       There was some discussion on the value of handbooks and whether clubs really need these now, considering there cost.


Match Secretary’s Report


-       The Keith Robins pairs will be played at Hyde club on 9Th September 2018 commencing at 10.30am. Entrance fee will be £5 per pair. It will be an open competition to all players.


-       The merit will be played on AEU on 16th September.


 Greater Manchester Report


-       Nothing to report.


Treasurer’s Report


-    2nd Account statements issued to all delegates present.  This account should be paid at the     next meeting.


-       £1064.51 In bank


-       £ 32.63 Cash in Hand


-       Total £1066.14


Meeting Closed: 11.15


Date of next meeting: Sun 30th September 2018.


Keith Robins Pairs

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Sunday 09 September 2018

Don't forget the Keith Robins Pairs today starts at 10.30am at The Hyde Club. Entries will be taken on the day. 


Tameside cup semi finals & final

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Thursday 23 August 2018

The cup semi finals and final will take place on Sunday 2nd September on Stalybridge Rec. 


Teams through to the semi final are:-


Ashton CC 


Dukinfield Central A


Hollinwood CC


Waterloo & Taunton.


Teams should be at the green for 10.45 for an 11 o'clock start.


August start time

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Thursday 02 August 2018

Reminder that now we are in August the start time for greens without floodlights is 6.30pm.


Keith Robins Open Pairs

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Tuesday 03 July 2018

The inaugural Keith Robins Open Pairs competition will be held at the Hyde Club on 9th September 2018. Start time 10.30am, entry fee £5 per pair.


Minutes from the Tameside bowls meeting on Sunday 1st July 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 02 July 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes – 1stJuly 2018


 


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


 


Roll Call – 20 Present – 4 Absent – 2 Apologies.


Minutes of the meeting 3rd June 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       No secretary’s report. Apologies for his absence made.


Match Secretary’s Report


-       The MS completed the quarter final cup draw this has to be played before 1st August 2018.  The draw and handicaps will be posted on the web site.


-       The Keith Robins pairs will be played on Hyde club on 9Th September 2018 at 10.30am. Entrance fee will be £5 per pair. It will be an open competition to any players.


-       The merit will be played on AEU on 16th September.


-     There was some discussion about the cup draws. It was suggested that the draw could be made and played through without redrawing each round to keep administration down. To be voted on at AGM.


 Greater Manchester Report


-       Nothing to report.


Treasurer’s Report;


-       £1064.51 In bank


-       £ 1.63 Cash in Hand


-       Total £1066.14


Meeting Closed: 11.15


Date of next meeting: Sun 2nd September  2018.


Infirmary Open

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Monday 18 June 2018

Congratulations to Andy Murray who beat Gary Hoof in the final of the Infirmary Open. Losing semi finalists were Dave Moran and Dale Kenyon.


Thanks to Hyde park for running the competition and for their hospitality.


Minutes from the Tameside bowls meeting on Sunday 3rd June 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Wednesday 06 June 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes –  3rdJune 2018


 


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


Roll Call – 20 Present – 2 Absent – 2 Apologies.


Minutes of the meeting 6th May 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       The Secretary reminded all delegates that the Infirmary Open will be held at Hyde Park on the 17th June 2018.  This will commence at 10.30am and is open to anybody.  Cost of entering £3


Match Secretary’s Report


-       The MS completed the 2nd round cup draw this has to be played before 1st July 2018.  The draw and handicaps will be posted on the web site.


-       Some discussion to place over the future Keith Robins Pairs when and where it would take place.  This will be discussed further at the July meeting.


 


 Greater Manchester Report


-       Greater Manchester have approached James North’s to use their green for a county match on 1st July 2018.


Treasurer’s Report;


-       £1064.51 In bank


-       £ 1.63 Cash in Hand


-       Total £1066.14


Meeting Closed: 11.15


Date of next meeting: Sun 1st July 2018.


Tameside Challenge Cup Draw 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Wednesday 06 June 2018

Oldham Rugby 12 v Grapes 52


Diggle Dogs -2 v Stalybridge Rec A 10


Waterloo & Taunton -6 v Ashton Bowling Club 42


George & Dragon -8 v Ashton CC 4


Hyde Park 10 v Saddleworth CC 40


Denton Park 26 v Dukinfield Central A -


AEU -14 v Haughton Green 54


Springhead -12 v Hollinwood CC 22


 


Ties to be competed by 01/07/18.


Minutes from the Tameside bowls meeting on Sunday 6th May 2018

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Tuesday 08 May 2018

Tameside Men’s Bowling League


Minutes –  6th May 2018


Vice President opened the meeting at 11.00.


Roll Call – 19 Present – 2 Absent – 3 Apologies.


Minutes of the meeting 1st April 2018 read and approved.


Matters Arising  - No Matters Arising


Secretary’s Report.


-       The Secretary informed all delegates that the public liability insurance provided by Endsleigh via the BCGBA was due for renewal by the end of April 2018 and any clubs that had not yet applied should do so via the BCGBA web site. In order to do this they had to input their unique GMT no.


-       Delegates were reminded that the Hyde Park infirmary open will be held on the17th June.


-       The Secretary informed the meeting that TMBL minutes would be placed upon the web site league notice board approximately 2 to 3 days after any committee meeting so that delegates could report back to their respective clubs.


Match Secretary’s Report


-       The MS informed delegates that before updating the league web site with results, it was necessary for him to have seen the respective result sheet signed by both captains.


-       Delegates were informed that there was an open week this week so that cup matches could be played.  The draw showing who needs to play who is contained on the web site.


Greater Manchester Report


-       Nothing to report


Treasurer’s Report;


-       £1370.50, in the account although the county bill of £800 has to be deducted from this.


-       TMBL have paid for their insurance.


-       And also paid the invoice for the printing of the handbooks.


AOB


Some discussion took place over the date the TMBL should commence and whether this should be delayed until the end of April each year rather than the beginning.  The MS will look into this as and when the leagues are promulgated for 2019.


Meeting Closed: 11.35


Date of next meeting: Sun 3rd June 2018


Insurance Policy - email from Endsleigh to all clubs

by Rob Birchall - Tameside Match Secretary - Tuesday 17 April 2018




Please ignore this email if you have already renewed for the 2018/2019 period.

 Good Morning,

 Your insurance policies for the 2017/2018 period are due to expire on the 30th of April 2018.

 We would like to remind those that are yet to renew, that you can renew your polices online now using the link below:


 Alternatively, to renew by post, you can download the paper application form here:


 Kind Regards,

 

 Endsleigh Insurance (Brokers) Ltd