Author Topic: Website Revamp - Your feedback please  (Read 286 times)

Offline Smarty

• Brian Smart
  • Administrator
  • I'm a serial poster
  • "It'll never be over for me"
    • View Profile
    • Smart Data Solutions
Website Revamp - Your feedback please
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:18:37 PM »
Happy New Year to everyone.

Thank you for your support of this website over the last 10 years.

For various reasons, I feel that the website is due a revamp but the ability to do so will depend on the workload in my real line of work.

Apart from appearance, I do not intend to change any aspect of the league fixtures and stats other than as advised by the leagues (See below) but I am keen to remove anything redundant and add some new features. This is where I require the feedback from you, the members of the individual leagues covered by this site.

The Messageboard: The advent and continued growth of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc have made messageboards like ours all but redundant. Do we want/need our own messageboard?

The Gallery: Redundant

League Results: It may be that one day in the near future, match results can be entered and agreed online by the two captains at the end of each match saving postage of match cards and delays in results.

New Feature: A calendar showing all fixtures, events, cup games, meetings to help avoid clashes. This has been available to some extent already but it is an integral part of the messageboard and I don't think it has been used to the best advantage because of its ties to the message board.

Please let me know your thoughts via the message board or facebook/email/text/whatsapp etc

https://www.facebook.com/brian.smart.7796
brian@smartdatasolutions.co.uk
07983 632 019

Thank you

Brian
I didn't lose my marbles, I swapped them for a set of 2-10's

Offline Joker

• I'm a serial poster
  • Joker_in_the_pack
    • View Profile
Re: Website Revamp - Your feedback please
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:04:35 PM »
Personally I think the message board along with the gallery should stay.Its a classic and surely has to be the best one around in its class.

I’m thinking along the lines of black and white photographs they initself are timeless ! So I would err on the side of caution before making it redundant.

Let’s face it there’s been some great topics and banter over the years and it would be a shame for it to be gone forever and be a distant memory of what was and who said what to who and so on.

Make some changes by all means,add something new maybe to recoup bowlers interests.

Each club to nominate a member to ignite the message board once again like a Phoenix from the flames and let’s see where it takes us.

Winning is great ;D coming second stinks

Offline Smarty

• Brian Smart
  • Administrator
  • I'm a serial poster
  • "It'll never be over for me"
    • View Profile
    • Smart Data Solutions
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 11:23:19 AM »
Thanks Joker.

The fact that my post has only been viewed 40+ times and has one reply in 3 weeks confirms my suspicion that the message board has had its day.

I understand and respect your opinions so I’m happy to leave it in place but I won’t be doing any new work on that part of the system.

As it happens, my business workload is still very high so it won’t be happening anytime soon.

Thanks for your feedback
I didn't lose my marbles, I swapped them for a set of 2-10's

Offline berty

• Global Moderator
  • I'm a serial poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 02:05:25 PM »
Hi Brian

I think we have spoken about this in the past but i think somewhere for a players GM number to be shown would be a good tool going forward. Also i agree on the idea of having captains agree the results .

Thanks
Rob
Right idea wrong application